This press release is to announce that for the month of July 2010 ERA Computers & Consulting (ERACC) is following the idiomatic phrase, “Put your money where your mouth is!” when it comes to our Linux PC sales. What do we mean? Read on.
For every PC purchased from us in July 2010 with any Linux distribution preinstalled ERACC will donate 5% of the sale to the Free Open Source Software (FOSS) project of your choice. As with most such offers there are caveats. These are:
- The PC must be ordered and paid for within the month of July 2010.
- The PC must be configured with at least the minimal configuration to have a working PC (case, power supply, motherboard, cpu, ram, hard drive, video adapter and operating system). You can choose to use your existing monitor and input devices.
- The PC must be preloaded by ERACC with a Linux distribution.
- Multi-boot systems configured with Linux and one or more additional operating systems do qualify.
- The 5% does include all hardware, labor and additional software purchased on a single order.
- The 5% does not include shipping fees and taxes on a sale.
- The PC must be kept past the date it can be returned for a refund.
- We only ship our systems to locations in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
That is it. Figure it up, purchase of a $500(US) PC will generate $25 for your favorite FOSS project. So, if you are in the market for a new PC with Linux preloaded then July 2010 is a good month to get that PC from ERACC and help out an open source project of your choice. You can get started by filling out the form for a quote on our shopping site. Then when you check out, be sure to indicate in the comments area the FOSS project you want to sponsor.
For full disclosure about orders from ERACC please read our Quote Addendum: ERACC Quote Addendum (PDF)
|free hit counter|
Edit Fri Aug 27 17:58:12 UTC 2010: Fix the URL to the quote form to point to our new form.